- Saturday Warm up: Session1 at 8.30am, Session 2 at 12.30pm and Session 3 at 4.15pm
- Age at : 20th November 2021
- Age Group : 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15+
- How to enter this meet: https://www.harrowswim.club/how-to-enter-swimming-meet/
Download Meet Info
RULES AND CONDITIONS:
BCSC will liaise with the pool operator regarding COVID, and COVID safety management by the pool operators in addition to any rules and regulations in place by the Government at the date of this meet. All participants will be required to agree to this as part of the opt into this meet.
- This gala will take place at Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre Champions Way, Hendon, London, NW4 1PS and is licensed by Swim England at Level 3 under License number 3LR222011. It will run short course (25m) in accordance with Swim England Laws and Swim England Technical rules of swimming and the rules and conditions of this competition.
- Over the top starts may be used at the promoter’s discretion.
- Cyclic seeding will not be used. A Secondary strobe will be available.
- This is a cardless meet, swimmers must sign in for each session they are swimming in by the times stated.
- The pool is 25m long, 8 lanes, anti-wave lane ropes and electronic timing. The depth of the water at the starting end is 1.8m and the depth of the water at the shallow end is 1m.
- We will process personal data submitted by the swimmer or their club in accordance with the current Privacy Notice published by British Swimming. With respect to this meet we will process personal data for the legitimate purpose of running the gala. The items of personal data processed are name, Swim England number, date of birth, gender and para swimming classification if applicable. During the gala we will process name, gender and competition age in reports for the legitimate purpose of running the gala efficiently. At the end of the gala we will process name, gender, Swim England number and date of birth in the electronic submission made to British Rankings. We will also make this information available on request to the club of the swimmer as the data controller.
- By submitting and accepting entries to the meet, consent is hereby given, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998, to the holding of personal information. The personal information supplied with your entry will be retained securely and will only be used for the legitimate purposes of running the event. This data will be shared by form of results with Swim England (Rankings) and the clubs who have entered the meet. A full copy of the results will be published on the website after the meet. Please be aware that links from our website may take you to external websites that are not covered by our policies. Please ensure that you review their privacy policies before any data is submitted. If any persons want to exercise their right to erasure or processing of their personal data they will need to make a written request to the promoter. We will only hold competition data for 12 months after which it will be destroyed and erased from our systems.
- There will be no charge for spectators at this gala. A copy of the results will be provided to clubs and will be available on our website as soon as possible after the gala.
- Ages are at 20th November 2022. Age bands are 9 years; 10 years, 11 years, 12 years, 13 years, 14 years and 15 + Years.
- Events are 100M and 200M Free; back; breast; fly; and 100m IM; as well as 800 and 1500M Free, (please note there will be maximum of 3 heats of the 800 and 1500M Free).
- Entry fee is £6-50 per event – Time trials will be offered if there is space. They will be offered on a first come first served basis, you will be placed in the first heat and will not be eligible for an award. Anyone wishing to swim a time trial must go to the meet office before the start of the session, the fee will be £6-50.
- Upper limit times are attached. Swimmers entering this meet are expected to enter their current best time and must not enter faster times than the upper limit
- All events are heat declared winners. Awards will be given to the top 3 swimmers in each age group.
- The pool will be available for warm up before each session, A second pool will be available during the meet for swim down.
- The promoter reserves the right to restrict entries to meet the allocated pool time, or on grounds of health and safety. All entries are accepted on a first come first served basis presuming the swimmer’s times fall within the cut off times. The closing date is Sunday 21st October 2022 or when meet is full.
- Entries to be made on either the attached entry form or by hy tek. Clubs entering a large amount of swimmers please make payment by one cheque to Barnet Copthall Swimming Club – to be sent to Sarah Lawlor, 48 Lambs Close; Dunstable; Bedfordshire: LU5 4QA..
- The promoter reserves the right to limit entries – any entry not accepted as a result of this paragraph will be refunded in full. No other money will be refunded unless the swimmers is unable to attend due to COVID restrictions i.e isolation or a positive test result.
- All swimmers including those aged 9 must be registered as Club compete members of a club affiliated to Swim England.
- This meet has been licensed at Level 3 by Swim England. Times recorded at the meet will be accepted for entry into County and Regional Competitions and championships for eligible swimmers, and will be sent to Swim England for inclusion in the National Rankings.
- Coaches’ passes will be available at the cost of £6-00 (admission and programme) or £14-00 which will include lunch and Tea.
- Any matters concerning the meet not covered in these rules will be dealt with according to the laws of the sport and at the discretion of the Meet Management or Promoters.
- Anyone wishing to use photographic equipment including mobile phones will need to sign the photography book at the entrance desk, and clearly display a camera pass sticker at all times this is a requirement of the Pool Operator, you must adhere to the Swim England guidelines on the use of images and restrict to your own child and your own private use with no posting on social media or similar platforms. You are reminded that flash photography is NOT permitted at the start of any heat. Photography or taking of any media is not permitted in the changing rooms.
- Mobile phones / camera’s etc MUST not be used in the changing rooms at any time.
- Hot drinks MUST not be taken on to poolside.
- All participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre. Neither the meet management, the promoter nor Barnet Copthall Swimming Club will be responsible for any loss or damage occurring during this meet.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDREN MUST NOT BE DROPPED OFF AND LEFT AT THE LEISURE CENTRE UNLESS THERE IS AN APPROPRIATE ADULT TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEM
- For any queries or further information please contact Sarah Lawlor on 07951600326 email@example.com
- 8.30am - 12.30pm
- Session One
- Warm Up at 8.30am
- 12.30pm - 4.15pm
- Session Two
- Warm Up at 12.30pm
- 4.15pm - TBA
- Session Three
- Warm Up at 4.15pm