- Sunday Warm up: Session 1 at 8.30am, Session 2 at 12.15pm and Session 3 at 3.15pm
- Age at : 1st December 2022
- Age Group : 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15+
- Download Meet Info : https://www.harrowswim.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Barnet-Winter-invitational-meet-conditions-2022.doc
- How to enter this meet: https://www.harrowswim.club/how-to-enter-swimming-meet/
RULES AND CONDITIONS:
- This gala will take place at Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre Champions Way, Hendon, London, NW4 1PS and is licensed by the Swim England at Level 4 under License number 4LR220198. It will run short course (25m) in accordance with Swim England Laws; Regulations and Technical Rules and Conditions of Swimming and the rules and conditions of this competition.
- Barnet Copthall Swimming Club will liaise with their pool operator Greenwich Leisure Limited on the management of COVID and COVID safety, in addition to any rules and regulations in place by the Government at the date of this meet.
Necessary protocols will be published as soon as possible but in the current pandemic may be subject to change. All participants will be required to agree to as part of the entry into this meet.
- Over the top starts may be used at the promoter’s discretion.
- This will be a cardless meet, swimmers must ensure they have signed in for each session by the time stated.
- The pool is 25m long, 8 lanes, anti-wave lane ropes and electronic timing.
- Ages are at 31st December 2022. Age bands are 8 years, 9 years, 10 years, 11 years, 12 years, 13 years, 14 years and 15 + Years.
- Events are 50m Free; 50m Back; 50m Breast; 50m Fly; 100m Free; 100m Back; 100m Breast; 100m Fly; 100m IM;
- Entry fee is £6-50 per event – Time trials will be offered if there is space. They will be placed in the first heat and will not be eligible for an award. Anyone wishing to swim a time trial must go to the meet office before the start of the session, the fee will be £6-50. No charge on the day for spectators.
- Upper limit times are attached. Swimmers entering this meet are expected to enter their current best time and must not enter faster times than the upper limit
- We will process personal data submitted by the swimmer or their club in accordance with the current Privacy Notice published by British Swimming. With respect to this meet we will process personal data for the legitimate purpose of running the gala. The items of personal data processed are name, Swim England number, date of birth, gender and para swimming classification if applicable. During the gala we will process name, gender and competition age in reports for the legitimate purpose of running the gala efficiently. At the end of the gala we will process name, gender, Swim England number and date of birth in the electronic submission made to British Rankings. We will also make this information available on request to the club of the swimmer as the data controller.
- By submitting and accepting entries to the meet, consent is hereby given, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998, to the holding of personal information. The personal information supplied with your entry will be retained securely and will only be used for the legitimate purposes of running the event. This data will be shared by form of results with Swim England (Rankings) and the clubs who have entered the meet. A full copy of the results will be published on the website after the meet. Please be aware that links from our website may take you to external websites that are not covered by our policies. Please ensure that you review their privacy policies before any data is submitted. If any persons want to exercise their right to erasure or processing of their personal data they will need to make a written request to the promoter. We will only hold competition data for 12 months after which it will be destroyed and erased from our system
- We follow the wavepower guidance on photography. Anyone wishing to use photographic equipment including mobile phones will need to sign the photography book at the entrance desk, and clearly display a camera pass sticker at all times this is a requirement of the Pool Operator.
- Mobile phones may not be used for making / receiving calls on poolside. If you need to make / receive a call please move to the entrance lobby to do so.
- Mobile phones / camera’s etc MUST not be used in the changing rooms at any time.
- All events are heat declared winners. Awards will be given to the top 3 swimmers in each age group .
- The pool will be available for warm up before each session, A second pool will be available during the meet for swim down.
- The promoter reserves the right to limit entries – any entry not accepted as a result of this paragraph will be refunded in full. As will withdrawals caused by following guidance on Covid 19. NO OTHER MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
- Any matters concerning the meet not covered in these rules will be dealt with according to the laws of the sport and at the discretion of the Meet Management or Promoter.
- All participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre. PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDREN MUST NOT BE DROPPED OFF AND LEFT AT THE LEISURE CENTRE UNLESS THERE IS AN APPROPRIATE ADULT TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEM.
- 9.30am - 12.15pm
- Session One
- Warm Up at 8.30am
- 1.00pm - 3.15pm
- Session Two
- Warm Up at 12.15pm
- 4.00pm - TBA
- Session Three
- Warm Up at 3.15pm