The Borough of Swimming Club (BHSC) is looking for a dynamic and motivated coach to join our coaching team, led by our Head Coach. The successful applicant will already hold their Swim England (SE) Swimming Coach certificate/Level 2 coaching qualification.
There are also lots of opportunities to work alongside our Head Coach to ensure your future development..
You are responsible through the Head Coach and the executive committee of the Borough of Harrow Swimming Club for:
- The development and delivery of coaching services.
- Assisting the Head Coach in delivering a high standard of swimming coaching to the age group swimmers in the club;
- Observing Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination across all squads.
- Attending competitions.
Delivery of swimming coaching:
- Working with age group swimmers under the guidance & direction of the Head Coach.
- Providing coaching support at competitions as agreed with the Head Coach.
- Providing session plans, individual feedback and target setting, continual monitoring of development, and attendance at competitions.
- Ensure that session registers are taken.
- Liaising with the Head Coach on matters of policy and discipline as necessary.
- Any reasonable duties as might, from time to time, be requested by the Head Coach.
You are expected to attend competitions, which could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Junior League.
- Arena League.
- Borough of Harrow Swimming Club open meets.
- External open meets, as designated by the Head Coach.
- Middlesex County Championships.
Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Legislation:
- Ensure all applicable Swim Mark requirements are fully incorporated in the running of all poolside activities, land training and competitions.
- Ensure the Welfare Officer is made aware of any accidents or incidents the might occur during a training session.
- Ensure compliance with all Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Legislation
Other Relevant Matters:
- All coaches are expected to represent and promote the interests of the Borough of Harrow Swimming Club.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks will be carried out on successful candidate.