MEET DATE: Mar 11 – 12 2023
- Saturday 11 March 2023 – Session 1 (2pm start).
- Sunday 12 March 2023 – Sessions 2, 3 & 4 (9am start)
CLOSING DATE: Friday 17/2/23 – Entries may close early if the meet reaches capacity
LOCATION: Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre, Champions Way, London NW4 1PX
1. Borough of Harrow SC will liaise with the pool operators regarding COVID & COVID safety management by
the pool operators in addition to any rules and regulations in place by Government at the date of this meet.
Where necessary, protocols may change subject to government guidance. All participants will be required to
adhere to any changes which will be notified in advance of the date of this meet.
2. Barnet Copthall Main Competition Pool – 25 metres – 8 lanes – Anti-Wave Lane Ropes. Colorado Electronic
Timing and Hy-Tek Meet Management.
3. Ages are as at 12TH MARCH 2023
Events – 50m, 100m & 200m all strokes, 200m IM, 400m Freestyle. All events will have Heat Declared
Winners – there will be no finals.
4. Age Groups – 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15&Over. Awards will be made to the first 3 in each stroke for each age
group. These will be available for collection on the day. No medals will be forwarded after the meet.
5. By submitting and accepting entries to the meet consent is hereby given, as required by the Data Protection
Act 1998, to the holding of personal information. The personal information supplied with your entry will be
retained securely and will only be used for the legitimate purposes of running the event. This data will be
shared by form of results with Swim England (Rankings) and the clubs who have entered the meet. A full
copy of the results will be published on the website after the meet. Please be aware that links from our
website may take you to external websites that are not covered by our policies. Please ensure that you
review their privacy policies before any data is submitted. If any persons want to exercise their right to
erasure or processing of their personal data they will need to make a written request to the promoter. We
will only hold competition data for 12 months after which it will be destroyed and erased from our systems
6. A secondary starting strobe will be available.
7. Over the top starts may be used at the Referee’s discretion.
8. The entry fee is £7.00 per event (£8.00 for 400m Freestyle). Payment should be made via online payment.
9. The closing date for entries is Midnight Friday 17th February 2023 or sooner if the meet capacity is reached.
(The organisers would be grateful if clubs are able to send in entries prior to this date.)
10. This meet is First Come First Served Entry. If oversubscribed, entries submitted last will be rejected.
11. Club Entries must be made electronically using the Hy-Tek Team Manager file which should be requested
from Dominique Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Send your completed entry file and Summary Sheet to email@example.com
13. The promoter reserves the right to limit the number of entries if necessary to allow the Meet to be run in
the allotted pool time.
14. Any entry not accepted due to oversubscription will be refunded in full. Where swimmers have tested
positive to COVID or have been contacted to self-isolate, a full refund will be given if proof of a positive test
result can be shown or proof that they have been contacted by Track & Trace. Full refund will be given
should there be a government imposed lockdown. NO OTHER MONIES WILL BE REFUNDED.
15. Lists of individual accepted / rejected entries will be sent to clubs.
16. No swimmer should have swum faster than the time stated. NT Entries will not be accepted.
17. Time Trials may be accepted on the day of the meet only if there are spaces available to fill lanes at a cost of
£8.00 per time trial. These can only be taken from swimmers already registered on the day. There are no
awards for Time Trials, but times will be submitted to Rankings for Swim England Registration.
18. Clubs entering more than 12 swimmers are requested to supply 1 qualified official (or J1 in Training) (2
officials (or J1 in Training) if more than 20 swimmers).
19. Coaches Passes are available at a cost of £20 per weekend. This will entitle the holder to admission to all
sessions, a programme, session start lists and food and refreshments between sessions, in addition to
20. There will be no entry poolside without a coaches pass and passes must be worn at all times. Coaches and
Team Managers should be club trained personnel and registered members of Swim England.
21. This is a cardless meet. Entries will be pre seeded before the meet. Withdrawal information should be
forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity, or to the administrator on the day prior
to warm up.
22. The promoter reserves the right to amend the session times and limit entries to ensure the meet runs
23. All swimmers must observe the pool and Swim England Safety Rules. The Depth of the water at the Shallow
end of the Main Pool is 1 metre (End where the timing display board is). The Deep End of Main pool is 1.8
Meters Deep (starting block end) The starting blocks are 72cm above the level of the water. Only those
swimmers who have reached the standard of the Swim England Preliminary Competitive Start Award are
permitted to start with a shallow racing dive from the side of the pool. Swimmers who have not reached this
standard must start in the water.
24. Swimmers must not go into the main foyer without drying down and wearing the suitable clothes and
footwear. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the meet.
25. Spectator seating is available but there is limited capacity and space cannot be guaranteed. There is parking
on site but capacity can be limited.
26. A copy of the result sheets will be provided to clubs at the end of the gala and will be available from our
website as soon as possible after the gala. Meet Mobile will be used but this can be impacted by poor
internet capacity at the venue.
27. Photographs/Videos are only permitted on registration with the promoter prior to the meet. Registration
details can be given upon entry to the meet.
28. Borough of Harrow SC reminds all those attending these meets (competitors, coaches, team managers,
spectators, officials, volunteers, contracted staff etc.) wishing to use cameras, video or digital image
capturing devices (including mobile phones) that they should only do so after reference to their obligations
and the recommendations laid down in Wavepower 2016-2019, the Swim England Child Safeguarding Policy
& Procedures and other Swim England Photography guidance. Your adherence to the guidelines and
vigilance during the event will assist in our efforts to avoid the misuse of such equipment and the
images/videos produced. Flash photography is prohibited at all times. No imaging equipment is allowed to
be used in the changing rooms / poolside area.
29. In the circumstance that an infringement of the above clause is identified by meet officials and/or
volunteers, the Meet Administrator and or Promoter will apply an appropriate sanction adjudged to be
proportionate. This may include, but not be restricted to, the reporting of the person to their Club Welfare
Officer for breach of applicable code of conduct.
30. In the circumstance that an infringement of the above clause is identified by or reported to the facility
management, the Normal Operating Procedure of the facility will be applicable and will be fully supported by
Borough of Harrow SC.
31. Due to COVID, these conditions are subject to government guidance and therefore are subject to change due
to the evolving nature of the pandemic.
32. We will continue to follow all current and future updates set out by Government and Swim England COVID
33. Any conditions not covered in the competition rules will be dealt with in accordance with the laws of the
sport and at the discretion of the Promoter. Questions can be dealt with by writing to the Promoter at