What is SwimMark?
SwimMark is a valued club development tool, recognised as a quality mark across the industry, and of benefit to every club that holds it.
The SwimMark programme enhances club management, and programmes, that ensure the best environment is available for all swimmers.
SwimMark club also offers national recognition that clubs are providing a quality service for all members, which is recognised by Sport England
i.e. all clubs gaining Swim England’s SwimMark accreditation will automatically receive Clubmark status.
The benefits of BHSC being SwimMark accredited.
- Access to a development tool for club improvement, including the production of a Club Development Plan
- Self examination of the club is crucial, plus enhanced support and expertise from Swim England
- Access to a range of Swim England templates and policies
- Greater number of appropriately qualified volunteers.
- It is a tangible statement to all stakeholders (Local Authorities, Schools, Parents, Swimmers etc) that you take quality and safety seriously
- Identification of workforce training needs to improve club operation
- Develop an effective club management structure
- Develop clear goals and ambitions that can be communicated to all club members
- Enhanced quality of coaching/teaching delivery and general improvements to workforce quality.
- Opportunities to share best practice with other SwimMark clubs and network with the SwimMark community.